25.3 C
Singapore
Sunday, November 27, 2022

Dubai Chamber Submitted 150 Startups Applications to Metaverse Academy

Must read

Caribbean Netherlands Chamber and Holland House Organize A Trade Mission to Colombia

Willemstad— The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Curaçao, in collaboration with Stichting Beheer MKB, the Association of Chambers of Commerce of the Dutch...

RAK Chamber Discusses Bilateral Cooperation with The Sweden

Mohamed Musabbeh Al Nuaimi, chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Liselott Anderson, ambassador of the Kingdom of...

Abuja Chamber of Commerce Wants Deadline Extended

The Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI) has asked the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to extend the deadline for the discontinuation of...

Oman Chamber is Preparing to Elect a Board of 21 Members

The Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI) will hold elections for the 21-member board on Tuesday. There are nine candidates competing for a...

The Dubai Chamber of Digital Economy’s metaverse academy has received over 150 applications from startups. The UAE accounted for nearly 67% of these, with the remaining 33% coming from India, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

The Dubai Chamber for Digital Economy has received over 153 applications from over 27 countries for the Future of the Digital Economy: Business in the Metaverse Academy, a specialized training program that provides digital startups with the tools and practical know-how to build in the metaverse.

According to the Dubai Chamber, over 67% of the applications were from startups in the UAE, with the remainder coming from India, Egypt, Turkey, Jordan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Thirty of these 30 startups will be chosen to attend the academy. In collaboration with the SEE Institute, the program has been launched.

The training will take place from December 5th to 14th, 2022, and will include four sessions covering topics such as blockchain, Web3 technologies, and NFTs. The emphasis will also be on how these practices can pave the way for a more sustainable society.

“We are encouraged by the high level of interest in this initiative, which reflects growing business interest in the metaverse and confidence in Dubai as a digital economy hub,” said Khalid Al Jarwan, Executive Director of the Dubai Chamber for Digital Economy, in a statement.

He went on to say that the academy’s goal is to help the DCC capitalize on new opportunities arising from increased digitalization and the expansion of Fourth Industrial Revolution technology across all business sectors.

Enrolled startups would have access to mentorship support in Dubai as well as free sustainable co-working space, as well as speaking opportunities at the Dubai Chamber of Digital Economy’s biggest events in 2023.

 

 

Source : yourstory

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Caribbean Netherlands Chamber and Holland House Organize A Trade Mission to Colombia

Willemstad— The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Curaçao, in collaboration with Stichting Beheer MKB, the Association of Chambers of Commerce of the Dutch...

RAK Chamber Discusses Bilateral Cooperation with The Sweden

Mohamed Musabbeh Al Nuaimi, chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Liselott Anderson, ambassador of the Kingdom of...

Abuja Chamber of Commerce Wants Deadline Extended

The Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI) has asked the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to extend the deadline for the discontinuation of...

Oman Chamber is Preparing to Elect a Board of 21 Members

The Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI) will hold elections for the 21-member board on Tuesday. There are nine candidates competing for a...

Brazil and Arab are Considering Collaboration to Achieve Sustainability

Brazil and Arab countries sought coordination in the carbon market, renewable energy, food security, and transportation at the recently concluded 27th United Nations Climate...