The East African Tea Trade Association was formed in 1957 to promote the best interest of the Tea Trade in Africa.
The Association’s objects are:
– To promote the best interest of the Tea Trade in Africa.
– To foster and ensure the orderly sale of tea and the centralization of the Tea Trade in East Africa
– To establish facilities for the conduct of sale of tea by auction or otherwise.
– To promote close relations within the Tea Industry.
– To facilitate the settlement of disputes within the trade
– To collect and circulate tea statistics and to maintain such records as may be of assistance to members in the conduct of their business.
The Association has approximately 300 corporate members of six categories